Our entire business begins with the purchase of high quality land, bought at the appropriate time from a variety of sources. Ideas and suggestions are worked through as our planning team prepare a planning application for submission to the Local Authority.
After planning approval, the ‘site’ is handed over to our technical and commercial teams for the next stage of the process. Working as a Planning Manager you will play a key part in this journey managing schemes from initial identification of land to its acquisition and beyond. You will be responsible for managing the Strategic Land portfolio in the operating areas covered by the regional business units and lead on the submission and negotiation of planning applications.
What you will do:
- Manage liaison with landowners over progress on site promotion and have responsibility for the renewal/extension of options
- Production of monthly progress reports on key project and produce and manage budgets and professional fees
- Have an in-depth knowledge and clear understanding of the continually evolving planning system
- Take ownership of project viability and delivery
- Understand the importance of viability in the negotiation and delivery of development
- Select and manage consultants in preparation of planning applications and appeals.
What you will have:
- Commercial awareness of Taylor Wimpey’s contractual obligations on each project in order to ensure that these can be met before committing expenditure to a given project
- Ensure that infrastructure and S106 obligations are capable of being supported by the scheme commercially and contractually
- Professional accreditation RTPI
- Be conversant with land values, build and infrastructure costs in producing scheme viabilities
- Work with the regional team to ensure the most desired and economical decisions are made and implemented into the design
- Good understanding of government planning policy, the Local Plan process and housing land supply issues
- Compliance with internal procedures and Operation Framework.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.