Each of Taylor Wimpey’s regional businesses has a finance team that drives the commercial performance of their respective business and are responsible for providing valuable reports to our Group Finance team based in Head Office. Led by their Finance Director, each of these teams are vital to the financial structure of the organisation. Through quarterly forecasts and monthly accounts, they provide key data to the board and enable some of the most important strategic decisions for the business.
As our Trainee Finance Assistant, you will be trained to have an in-depth knowledge of the Finance function within the regional Business Unit and an appreciation of the Company’s overall business. You will also have the option to study part time at an agreed college to gain an HND in Accounting.
What you will do:
- Process supplier invoices accurately and timely.
- Reconcile supplier statements monthly and resolve queries promptly.
- Preparation of month end reports and reconciliations for sales and purchase ledger control accounts.
- General office IT Support.
- Assist with payroll by processing weekly timesheets and processing travel and fares.
- Other general finance tasks as required i.e.; cashbook processing, assisting with fortnightly subcontract payments and providing holiday cover within the department as required.
What you will have:
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to set deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Previous experience of working in a busy accounts department, preferred but not essential.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- General day to day maintenance ability of office computer systems and networks preferred.
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.