Taylor Wimpey are looking for an experienced Sales and Marketing Director who can motivate a dedicated sales management team and who can mentor and motivate our people to deliver an excellent journey for our customers at each touch point they will experience.
You will have full responsibility for the Sales and Marketing function from land appraisal, marketing research, setting prices, bringing new sites to market and site launch as well as the management of all reservations through to customers moving into their new homes. Maximising selling prices and creating value is a key objective whilst maintaining the challenging sales rate you will set all of your team.
You will be the “keeper” of our brand and will ensure that the Sales and Marketing department operates in accordance within the Taylor Wimpey UK operating framework.
In conjunction with your fellow Board members you will help to determine and form a strategy for the future ongoing development of the business.
What you will do:
- You will work closely with the land team on land aquisitions completing market research on the area, competitor analysis, agree the right product specification and the mix of housetypes
- Develop and execute the marketing plans for the business unit; from site launch programs, business branding and advertising to maximising selling price and revenue
- Ensuring the Sales and Marketing team are customer centric, delivering outstanding customer service at every stage of their journey
- You will be responsible for your own budget and forecasts and everything within that. You will also collaborate with the management board to prepare annual budget projections
- Manage the team to monitor their KPIs, whilst training and developing team members where required and motivating the team to perform at their best
What you will have:
- Someone who can demonstrate sales and marketing experience in the house building industry
- A team player with proven experience of managing and motivating teams of sales staff
- An ability to influence and control budgetary management
- Someone who can plan and influence strategic management for direction and change
- A Board level disciplined Director or an individual who is ready for that next step in their career
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.