Our business begins with the purchase of high quality land, bought at the appropriate time from a variety of sources – the public notifying us of an opportunity, to land agents bringing an idea forward. Careful consideration is given as our land team research and develop ideas for a master plan. Creative solutions come forward as the team plan a viable scheme that works for everyone. At Taylor Wimpey we focus on buying land where there is a need for homes, where people want to live and where we believe we have a realistic chance of securing planning permission. Land is the critical ‘raw material’ for a housebuilder, so we focus on purchasing the right sites in the right locations. As a Land Manager, you will play a key role in this journey.
What you will do:
- Collate build costs, market research, local planning policy summary and any technical information to produce a clear assessment of the potential success of a development
- Prepare appropriate briefs for architects for the preparation of schemes
- Work closely with the rest of the land team at Taylor Wimpey to produce land value appraisals
- Successfully negotiate terms for land acquisition
- Consider health and safety issues for any potential new sites
- Build and maintain relationships with local contacts to ensure up-to-date knowledge on current and future market opportunities
- Monitor competitor activity, as well identifying new opportunities to work with competitors
- Record and retain any land information received from external providers for future reference
- Manage and maintain the land register/portfolio
- Design economically and understand the commercial aspects of design decisions
- Liaise with external consultants to ensure the successful delivery of applications and decisions
What you will have:
- Previous successful experience in land acquisition processes in the housebuilding industry
- Knowledge of planning policies and processes
- Commitment to a progressive career
- A collaborative and teamworking approach
- The ability to focus on the customer
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.