The safety of our customers is of paramount importance to Taylor Wimpey. This is a critical role working at a group level to deliver the cladding remediation programme across all Taylor Wimpey legacy buildings. Reporting to the Group Operations Director, the Director of Cladding Remediation will lead and be responsible for all aspects of the Taylor Wimpey cladding remediation programme to ensure that it is efficient, comprehensive, safe and proportionate. The scope of the role will have oversight of communications, commercial control, negotiations and will lead on all aspects of the remediation works.
What you will do:
- Overseeing all aspects of Taylor Wimpey’s Cladding Remediation Programme including commercial control, leadership and recruitment of the team, contract negotiation, media management as well internal and external communication on key aspects of the programme.
- Responsible for the management of Taylor Wimpey's cladding remediation portfolio, ensuring fire safety risk is effectively addressed before, during and after remedial works
- Work closely with the relevant internal teams, in particular Group Technical and Production to ensure consistent construction quality
- Ensure effective liaison and negotiation as required with Statutory Authorities, planning authorities, stakeholders, and consultants, to ensure the objectives and programme for an implementable Statutory Approval are achieved.
- Responsible for Project health, safety and environmental management working with our internal HSE team and engaged advisors
- Ensure awareness of political, industry related and environmental developments which may impact on delivery and phasing of the project.
- Own the customer delivery aspects of the programme including resident strategies (where required), ensure a robust customer complaints procedure and drive quality with our production teams and sub contractors
What you will have:
- Experience of working closely with Local Authorities with a demonstrable understanding of the drivers and processes of such organisations
- Previous major/complex project management experience with medium to high rise and multiple use class developments
- Proven track record in performing against set delivery objectives and leading a high performing team.
- Entrepreneurial skills, breadth of view beyond traditional approaches
- Natural networker, totally committed to community involvement
- Proven experience in working with lawyers and communication consultants
- High standard of financial literacy & analytical skills
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning business and are proud to feature in the top companies to work for on Glassdoor, voted for by our employees. If you are looking to join a thriving, company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.