Manage and co-ordinate the team to ensure technical and design matters are delivered within programme and in budget. Report to the Technical Director on a regular basis to ensure the BU’s schemes are appropriately resourced, managed, monitored and delivered on programme.
Manage and co-ordinate the team on multiple projects which shall include involvement in the following areas:
- Management of technical design process to ensure that all design / technical issues are dealt with within development programme and budget
- Throughout the development process, identify and implement ways to maximise value and manage cost through design and specification
- Oversee due diligence technical assessment for land bids including optimising consented schemes.
- Work with the D&P Execs to critically analyse design at each stage to optimise value.
- Work with the D&P Execs to provide technical support to Commercial team during procurement.
- upport the project team with various technical matters including Building Control, utilities, bonds, NHBC and building regulations compliance
- Ensure the TW brand is appropriately represented in design and specification of the built environment.
- Ensure team compliance with TW’s COM/EMS procedures and a full understandingof the requirements of the COM Regulations.
- Work with the D&P to ensure briefs and scopes for design consultants are appropriate, prior to appointment, as well as effectively budgeting for fees
- In conjunction with the D&P’s; manage external design consultants to ensure information is provided on time and within agreed budgets
- Attend external design meetings with designers or consultants as appropriate.
Technical Design Standards
- Create and manage an effective process to review, update and regulate TW Design Standards across all projects
- Ensure consistency across all projects in relation to best practice and lessons learnt
- Manage and ensure design standards and all Technical Bulletins issued by TW Group are integrate into projects.
- Ensure appropriate resourcing of projects
- Liaise with the Technical Director on regular basis including input into board reports
- Assume responsibility for existing projects and manage the team to support new land acquisitions
- Motivate, communicate with and day-to-day management of the team.
- Provide mentoring, coaching and support to the Technical team.