Our regional commercial teams are integral to the successful delivery of every Taylor Wimpey site. The function serves as the linchpin between our Technical and Production functions and makes the reality of a Taylor Wimpey development come to life. The Commercial Administrator position within the commercial team is a crucial role that focuses on delivering efficient, customer focused, professional administration support to the Commercial department.
What you will do:
- Maintain sub-contractor/supplier/plant database ensuring all information such as addresses, contact numbers, contact names are accurate for use by the department.
- Maintain sub-contractor CDM 036 and Health and Safety files to ensure all current sub-contractors have the required level of liability insurance to work on site and ensure site have the up-to-date information to hand.
- Maintain potential sub-contractor files and process new sub-contractors for inclusion on Tender lists/Health and Safety Matrix and obtain the appropriate approvals.
- Issue Health and Safety Newsflashes to sub-contractors when required and chase responses within necessary timescale.
- Chase outstanding sub-contractor tenders as and when required.
- Create Framework Agreements and issue to sub-contractors for signing, log to ensure outstanding agreements are chased on a timely basis and submit to company solicitors once returned for certification. Update Framework Agreement Matrix.
What you will have:
- Previous experience in a high paced office environment
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft suites of computer software
- Previous experience of working within a volume housebuilder/construction environment
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.