Each of Taylor Wimpey’s regional businesses has a finance team that drives the commercial performance of their respective business and are responsible for providing valuable reports to our Group Finance team based in Head Office. Led by their Finance Director, each of these teams are vital to the financial structure of the organisation. Through quarterly forecasts and monthly accounts, they provide key data to the board and enable some of the most important strategic decisions for the business. The Accounts Assistant role requires an accurate and efficient eye and someone that will keep financial transactions up to date, a crucial position in the regional finance team.
What you will do:
- Ensure that invoices are accurately input on the system, including chasing any outstanding order numbers
- Work alongside other departments in the regional office to ensure that all invoices are dealt with within a reasonable time period and have been authorised appropriately
- Manage purchase ledger queries from suppliers and staff in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain subcontractor accounts, including insurance details, VAT registration and CIS status
- Process and pay staff expenses
- Process and pay same day payments
- Complete monthly CIS returns
What you will have:
- Understanding of subcontract CIS return and payment process
- Previous experience of working in a similar role
- Working knowledge of Excel and ideally other MS Office programmes
- An ability to work to strict time deadlines
- An ability to work consistently accurately
- Knowledge of COINS would be preferred
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.