When making the decision to buy a new home, it’s vital that our customers feel that they are in safe hands. Taylor Wimpey’s sales staff are pivotal in this process and are responsible for providing all the necessary information as well as offering different options to the customer to ensure they are fully supported throughout the buying process.
As an organised sales administrator trainee you will play a key part in this journey and will provide administrative support to the Sales team including Sales managers and the Sales and Marketing Director.
What you will do:
- The administration functions shall include, but not be limited to, the processing of sales data using business unit and Taylor Wimpey UK Limited reporting systems, the production of reports from them and the adherence to company protocols with regard to operation of these systems. It shall also include the maintenance of filing records for sales data in accordance with company procedures.
- To provide Admin Support for the Sales Director and Sales Manager.
- To maintain accurate order log of sales related orders for the purposes of order no. provision and control.
- To provide support to Sales Mangers for site set ups etc.
- To ensure that sales related information is distributed within the business to other departments as required by them.
- To act as a point of contact for the distribution of information to Sales Executives from the business unit offices.
- The role also includes attendance in college to attain an business/administrative qualification
What you will have:
- Operation of IT based administration systems
- Experience working in a time critical environment
- Administrative experience
- Full UK driving license
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning business and are proud to feature in the top companies to work for on Glassdoor, voted for by our employees. If you are looking to join a thriving, company going through an exciting period then please get in touch. To read more about what it’s like to work with us then have a look at our Glassdoor profile by clicking here.