Our regional commercial teams are integral to the successful delivery of every Taylor Wimpey site. The function serves as the linchpin between our Technical and Production functions and makes the reality of a Taylor Wimpey development come to life. The Buyer is an effective, credible colleague who can work collaboratively with other TW departments, and positively represent the Commercial team both internally and externally. The Buyer has responsibility for managing the procurement process for multiple developments and also for managing supplier relationships.
What you will do:
- Work alongside other departments in the Regional Business Unit to advise on costs and delivery of materials on a site-by-site basis
- While maintaining a high level of quality throughout, prepare schedules and negotiate orders for materials with various external suppliers
- Monitor our invoicing procedures and resolve any issues
- Monitor and evaluate our stock, the quality of materials and the performance of our subcontractors
- Stay up to date with continuing changes in product development and relevant building legislation that may
- Have an impact on your work
- Undertake regular site visits
What you will have:
- Understanding of best practice procurement tools and techniques.
- A strong knowledge and appreciation of UK building regulations and health and safety requirements within the industry
- Experience in the procurement and purchase of subcontractors, materials and plants
- Working knowledge of contract law
- Articulate, numerate, analytical with strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office and working knowledge and experience of COINS preferred).
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
- Relevant for CS, sales and other site roles
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.