The engineering arm of our regional Technical teams is responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development and putting in place all important things that enable a community to thrive. From roads to sewers and all the utilities you expect from a modern, functional dwelling, our engineers are a vital part of ensuring each home meets and exceeds our customers’ expectations. The role of the Adoptions Manager is to take the responsibility for and to manage the procedure of roads, sewer and public open space adoption works and to ensure tight control of all bonds and costs associated with these works.
What you will do:
- To review existing bond liability and identify where they can be reduced or eradicated
- To manage the overall bond liability and identify the key triggers to facilitate reduction. Ensure the dates for these are clear and that all steps are identified and the necessary inspections and certificates are applied for
- Prior to new sites finishing, to work with the Production Department to ensure a timely issue of a maintenance certificate for both roads and sewers
- Ensure all Health & Safety Method Statements and Risk Assessments are approved by the Production Director and/or Health & Safety Regional Advisor prior to commencing maintenance works on completed sites
- Keep the regional adoption schedule and completed estates report up to date and keep the Business Unit well within its bond limits
What you will have:
- Relevant experience in a similar position with a recognised housing developer or with a Highway / Drainage Authority
- Experience in estate roads and sewer design, construction and inspection.
- Experience in preparing schedules of work, bills of quantities and undertaking tender analysis of such works
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work to strict deadlines
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Manage and co-ordinate the team to ensure technical and design matters are delivered within...
The engineering arm of our regional Technical teams is...
Director of Cladding Remediation
The safety of our customers is of paramount importance to Taylor Wimpey. This is a critical...