Manage and co-ordinate the technical team to ensure technical and design matters are delivered within programme and in budget. Report to the Technical Director on a regular basis to ensure the BU’s portfolio of varied schemes are appropriately resourced, managed, monitored and delivered on programme.
- Manage and co-ordinate the technical team on multiple projects which shall include involvement in the following areas:
- Management of technical design process to ensure that all design / technical issues are dealt with within development programme and budget
- Throughout the development process, identify and implement ways to maximise value and manage cost through design and specification
- Oversee due diligence technical assessment for land bids including optimising consented schemes.
- Work with the TC/TM to critically analyse design at each stage, particularly stage 3 and tender/contract drawings, to optimise value.
- Work with the TC/TM to provide technical support to Commercial team during procurement including analyzing tender bids
- Support the project team with various technical matters including Building Control, utilities, bonds, NHBC and building regulations compliance
- Ensure the TW brand is appropriately represented in design and specification of the built environment.
- Work with the TC/TM to ensure briefs and scopes for design consultants are appropriate, prior to appointment, as well as effectively budgeting for fees
- In conjunction with the TC/TM; manage external design consultants to ensure information is provided on time and within agreed budgets
- Attend external design meetings with designers or consultants as appropriate.
Technical Design Standards
- Create and manage an effective process to review, update and regulate TW Design Standards across all projects
- Ensure consistency across all projects in relation to best practice and lessons learnt
- Manage and ensure design standards and all Technical Bulletins issued by TW Group are integrate into projects.
- Ensure appropriate resourcing of projects
- Liaise with the Technical Director on regular basis including input into board reports
- Assume responsibility for existing projects and manage the team to support new land acquisitions
- Motivate, communicate with and lead the team
- Take an active role in historic and new cladding enquiries.
Manage and co-ordinate the team to ensure technical and design matters are delivered within...
The engineering arm of our regional Technical teams is...
Director of Cladding Remediation
The safety of our customers is of paramount importance to Taylor Wimpey. This is a critical...