Taylor Wimpey is recruiting for a Trainee Assistant Site Manager as part of our Management Trainee scheme. The scheme aims to develop talented individuals to progress to an Assistant Site Manager and eventually a Site Manager.
The Management Trainee scheme is an average of 3 years dependant on previous experience and speed to competence to assistant level.
You will attend a number of “Skills Camps” with other Management Trainees in your Region which focuses on developing core business and communication skills where you will also meet many of our Senior leaders.
You will attend college or Uni to study a level 3 in Construction in the Built Environment for up to 2 years which will enable you to learn the core components of the Construction Industry
On completion of the level 3 qualification, you will have the opportunity to go on to study a level 4 Construction Supervisor qualification.
You will be assessed over the course of your Management Trainee scheme. Once you are assessed as competent you will be ready to move to an assistant role as a role becomes available.
Organisation and Control of labour and sub-contractors
- Completion of planning sheets to ensure the overall build programme is met.
- Provide direction to individual contractors and contractor’s management to ensure quality standards are met.
- Resolve any conflicts that may occur between operations.
- Co-ordinate with the Site Manager to ensure the availability of materials to meet the construction programme.
- Maintain daily diary to record site events and requirements.
Health and Safety
- Undertake a site safety induction for all new site personnel.
- Ensure all site personnel comply with the Construction Health and Safety Regulations 1974 as amended together with the Taylor Wimpey Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
- Completion of all statutory forms on a weekly basis.
- Carry out frequent inspection of all operations to ensure they are carried out in a safe manner.
- Ensure all operatives are working to the method statements and risk assessments submitted by the relevant sub-contractors or Taylor Wimpey management.
- Comply with the site specific environmental action plan requirements.
- Ensure site boundaries, access points, offices and buildings are seen at the end of each day.
- Liaise with the Sales Executive, Buying Department and sub-contractors regarding the supply and installation of customer choices.
- Co-ordinating with the Sales Executive the resolution of customer issues.
- Plan and arrange visits of National House Builders Council inspection to carry out stage inspections.
- Complete and update the Build Quality Checklist throughout the build.
- Ensure that at legal completion the house is defect free, clean and ready for occupation.
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager, Site Manager and Customer Relations Manager to resolve any concerns or defects identified by the customer.
- Ensure that the house is ready for the Home Quality Inspection and any issues addressed within the set timescales.
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager in the management of the quality of work carried out by the sub-contractors and materials supplied by the manufacturers.
- Undertake regular inspection of each property during each stage of the build process and complete the stages of the Build Quality Checklist.
- Issue defect sheets to relevant trades.
- Ensure all contractors work to issued drawings, company specification and trade conditions/scope of works.
- Assist the Assistant Site Manager and Site Manager applying Company operating framework franchise rules in respect of street scene etc.
- Manage and co-ordinate the safe and tidy storage of material delivered to the site.
Control of Work
- Ensure that requisite waste disposal skips and tip skips are available.
- Ensure that sub-contractors and direct labour separate waste in accordance with Company