The engineering arm of our regional Technical teams is responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development and putting in place all important things that enable a community to thrive. From roads to sewers and all the utilities you expect from a modern, functional dwelling, our engineers are a vital part of ensuring each home meets and exceeds our customers’ expectations. The role of the Engineer is to provide technical support at all stages of the development process, from initial viability advice to full design packages, gaining technical consents and providing advice to all other departments and selected contractors during construction. You will need a thorough knowledge of engineering as a discipline and be very familiar with the associated regulatory requirements for a residential build. You will need to be a shrewd negotiator as you navigate various technical approval processes.
What you will do:
- Prepare site viability reports in line with current regulatory requirements for residential developments
- Analyse and resolve engineering issues as part of the planning application for Taylor Wimpey sites
- Ensure compliance at all stages of each planning submission in line with the latest National Housebuilding Council standards
- Work with local authorities and utility providers to ensure all approvals required for site start are ready and available at the appropriate time
- Work on tenders and pre-start engineering documentation and oversee viability of each one
- Be on site and attend all relevant meetings relating to the procurement and approval of site infrastructure
What you will have:
- Extensive experience of engineering issues relating to all areas of infrastructure gained within housebuilding sector including roads, sewers, foundations, utilities and drainage
- Engineering related qualification, degree or equivalent
- Comfortable using engineering related software like AutoCAD, PDS and Microdrainage
- Thorough understanding of engineering regulatory requirements
- A strong negotiator with proven experience in gaining consent on complex technical approvals
- Excellent attention to detail particularly when reviewing highly technical documentation
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
The Technical function in our business is really important for...
The engineering discipline is a vital part in the delivery of every Taylor Wimpey site. They...
The engineering arm of our regional Technical teams is responsible for establishing all the...