THIS ROLE WILL COVER ALL SITES FOR OUR YORKSHIRE BUSINESS UNIT
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Taylor Wimpey takes part in the National House-Building Council (NHBC) Pride in the Job scheme, where our sites are independently assessed by the NHBC across 28 different standards. We are also committed to providing a safe place in which our employees and sub-contractors can work and to high standards of environmental management. Trades and labour are the backbone of our build process.
We build over 15,000 homes a year and are now looking to grow our directly employed trade’s teams, so if you are looking for a career in Production then you’ll be joining a business with a passion for getting things right first time and exceeding customer expectations. We are looking for quality skilled trades people that really take pride in the work they do, manage jobs effectively and build strong relationships with employees on site and customers.
Career prospects in this exciting part of the business are excellent and many of our trade workers have gone on to become Site Managers and in some cases Directors.
What you will do:
- The purpose of the role is to erect and dismantle in a safe and timely fashion scaffolding to houses and on occasion blocks of apartments (up to 3-4 storey).
- Unloading scaffolding equipment at the site
- Carry out scaffolding activities at the site in line with the Part1 & 2 Scaffolding training and TWUK procedures
- Fixing guard rails and safety netting
- Complete scaffolding erection and then taking down the scaffolding after a job is finished
- Working as part of a scaffold team
- Ensure that all relevant health, safety, environment and sustainable development requirements are adhered to.
- Any other duties commensurate with the job role (helping out on site).
- Ability to follow instructions
- Great hand-to-eye coordination and a good level of physical fitness
- An understanding of safe working practices
- Any safety work required.