Our regional commercial teams are integral to the successful delivery of every Taylor Wimpey site. The function serves as the linchpin between our Technical and Production functions and makes the reality of a Taylor Wimpey development come to life. The Estimator position is a crucial role in the team, one who’s work sets the foundation for the ongoing commercial process. The role requires a detail orientated and diligent individual that will work hard for the good of the entire team.
What you will do:
- Provide necessary information for land purchase exercise
- Liaise with the other departments to calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business
- Complete the land purchase exercise for presentation to the management team
- Report on savings and excesses against the approved and previous land purchase exercise to the management team
- Undertake regular site visits for new projects.
- Input and maintain any computer based estimating databases or systems.
What you will have:
- Wide experience in a similar role within the housebuilding industry
- Strong knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements
- Experience with managing information flow and strict business deadlines
- A good knowledge of IT, preferably the COINS system
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.