Taylor Wimpey Logistics is our supply chain logistics business and is a vital component of our supply chain. We have a range of sites in various stages of development around the country.
The Shift Manager will be responsible for managing a team of over 20 and will need previous management experience and strong people skills. The Shift Manager will effectively plan and manage their team to maximise their productivity, focusing on people’s strength, whilst developing them to ensure that the correct culture is embedded to guarantee a high level of customer service is maintained.
What you will do:
- Providing leadership and direction to ensure that colleagues receive necessary training, are supported in their roles and are confident to ask for advice or guidance
- Investigating and communicating issues affecting the safe and legal achievement of the budgeted operational plan and where required prevent unsafe behaviours or use of unsafe equipment
- Conducting operational inductions and training as required and ensure the records are signed off accurately for filing and entry to the onsite training matrix
- Actively participating in the risk assessment, accident investigation, operational inspections and behavioural monitoring processes to ensure a safe workplace
- Communicating opportunities for improvements where trends and deficiencies are evident and affect the quality of service, safety, food hygiene or profit of the operation
- Setting staff performance levels, providing feedback on achievement and identifying improvement opportunities
What you will have:
- Experience of working within a warehouse and transport environment
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Knowledge of transport industry regulations
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and WMS/TMS
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning business and are proud to feature in the top companies to work for on Glassdoor, voted for by our employees. If you are looking to join a thriving, company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.