Each of Taylor Wimpey’s regional businesses has a finance team that drives the commercial performance of their respective business and are responsible for providing valuable reports to our Group Finance team based in Head Office. Led by their Finance Director, each of these teams are vital to the financial structure of the organisation. Through quarterly forecasts and monthly accounts, they provide key data to the board and enable some of the most important strategic decisions for the business. The Finance Director is a key member of the regional management team, acting in business-wide role to proactively support the Managing Director to maximise delivered value. The Finance Director will have a deep level of operational knowledge, to enable critical review and challenge of key decisions and information across all functional disciplines within the business unit.
What you will do:
- Partner the Managing Director on all new business decisions, including land acquisitions and review all aspects of the scheme with the management team
- Sign off the financial models for the regional office and write the final recommendation to the Managing Director
- Obtain a true understanding of costs and risks for each site and provide active reviews and challenges of the costs incurred to date
- Drive the discussion at the management team board, by presenting analysis, insight and interpretation of performance against business plan
- Monitor financial performance, interpret and identify trends and make recommendations to the business
- Lead the forecasting process for the business and review the operational assumptions with the management team
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support future performance
- Review of the regional land bank, and give recommendations to the Managing Director
- Review cash forecasts before submission to the Group Treasury function
- Ensure accounting and the regional financial control procedures are in line with the Group accounting policies
- Directly manage the Finance Manager, supporting their development, learning and advancement
What you will have:
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Considerable post-qualified experience gained from both business finance/performance roles and accounting & financial control roles.
- Experience must include: Financial accounting and leading month end close, building or operating in a control framework, evidence of responding to and working with external auditors, providing analysis, forecasting and planning, supporting and challenging businesses to make optimal operational and performance decisions.
- Experience may include: Joint Ventures, M&A activity, business risk management, external audit, systems implementations.
- Financial support for business deals (e.g. new contracts, M&A, Joint Ventures)
- Experience of successfully leading and developing a team
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.