Taylor Wimpey Logistics is our supply chain logistics business and is a vital component of our supply chain. We have a range of sites in various stages of development around the country. Taylor Wimpey Logistics sources bulk materials directly from manufacturers to prepare ‘just in time’ delivery of buildpacks for each stage of the building process.
We are looking for a Stock Manager to guide and support our stock team to manage quality of products leaving the warehouse is to the standard required.
What you will do:
- Develop, manage and execute new Demand Planning Strategies from the ground up
- Develop meaningful business analysis and metrics to drive consensus-based forecasts, provide visibility to forecast accuracy and communicate findings to all levels of the organisation
- Collaborate with regional Business Units’ Production and Commercial teams to ensure the base data (build programs) is accurate, and coaching and mentoring the regional teams to achieve this level of accuracy, as appropriate
- Ensure identification, monitoring and reporting of assumptions, risks and opportunities relating to the medium and long-term business targets
- Support the procurement team in managing the relationship with key suppliers, involved in regular review meetings and managing issues with performance
- Responsible for evaluation and development of staff in order to seek continuous improvement and build a highly functioning team
What you will have:
- Previous logistics experience, leading a stock team or similar
- Previous demand planning experience
- Previous procurement experience
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent understanding of ERP systems and processes (ideally Sage X3)
- Experience in materials planning, inventory accuracy and warehouse operations
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
We work hard to attract the best talent for our award-winning business and are proud to feature in the top companies to work for on Glassdoor, voted for by our employees. If you are looking to join a thriving, company going through an exciting period then please get in touch.