Taylor Wimpey takes part in the National House-Building Council (NHBC) Pride in the Job scheme, where our sites are independently assessed by the NHBC across 28 different standards. We are also committed to providing a safe place in which our employees and sub-contractors can work and to high standards of environmental management. Trades and labour are the backbone of our build process.
We build over 15,000 homes a year and are now looking to grow our directly employed trade’s teams, so if you are looking for a career in Production then you’ll be joining a business with a passion for getting things right first time and exceeding customer expectations. We are looking for quality skilled trades people that really take pride in the work they do, manage jobs effectively and build strong relationships with employees on site and customers.
Career prospects in this exciting part of the business are excellent and many of our trade workers have gone on to become Site Managers and in some cases Directors.
If this is something that interests you, read further about our Carpenter Foreman vacancy.
The purpose of the role is to produce quality carpentry installation and construction in both 1st, 2nd and final fix, kitchen units and joist/flooring, Roofing works.
What you will do:
- Organise the on-site activities in line with the Site Programme
- Check materials with the site team for the work activities to be carried out
- Ensure the build costs are controlled liaising with the Site Team & Quantity Surveyor
- Ensure the quality of the build in line with the building specification and regulations
- Ensure that all operatives are working safely to Taylor Wimpey and Health & Safety requirements
- Liaise with the Site manager on any issues daily
- Manage, mentor and train apprentices
What you will have:
- CSCS card relevant to role
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- NVQ Qualification relevant to the role
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment
- An awareness of safety issues, especially when working at heights
- The ability to work in a well-organized and accurate way and to work as part of a team and with other trades people
- Can read and interpret working drawings
- Ability to solve problems with the use of various materials and methods
- The ability to pay close attention to detail and make accurate measurements
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest...
Taylor Wimpey takes part in the National House-Building Council...
Brickwork Site Operative
The Brickwork Site Operative will be a hands-on operative, responsible for day to day...