Each of Taylor Wimpey’s regional businesses has a finance team that drives the commercial performance of their respective business and are responsible for providing valuable reports to our Group Finance team based in Head Office. Led by their Finance Director, each of these teams are vital to the financial structure of the organisation. Through quarterly forecasts and monthly accounts, they provide key data to the board and enable some of the most important strategic decisions for the business.
The role is to manage the region’s finance personnel and function, running controlled finance processes and delivering accurate outputs in a timely manner. The Senior Finance Manager is accountable for all aspects of the business unit’s (BU) finance processes, including the preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts, modelling of financial forecasts and plans for the BU, reporting of data and information to Division/Group, and management of the accounts payable and staff expenses processes.
The Senior Finance Manager will engage as a business partner with colleagues from other disciplines and JVs, being able to review and challenge with the aim of enhancing financial and business performance. The role will deputise for the BU’s Finance Director (FD) at business unit management team (BUMT) Board/ other meetings. The individual will have a process improvement mindset / approach.
What you will do:
- Manage team members through a positive, engaging approach, ensuring that processes are robust are controlled, and outputs delivered correctly and in a timely manner.
- Manage the consolidated monthly close process, ensuring a clean close of all sub-ledgers, interfaces, and accounting judgements, with the general ledger close by WD3.
- Preparation of forecasts and projections sourced from the COINs environment, for approval by the FD, and submission to Division/ Group. These presently consist:
- 2 Year Profit and Cashflow Forecast
- Forward land bank profit projection
- Deputise for the FD, attending meetings on his/her behalf.
- Proactively support and business partner managers/ directors from the BU’s other TW functions. Provide information to enable robust decision making and constructively challenging those decisions (where necessary) to ensure the business is managed to deliver shareholder value.
- Visit the main active sites in the region, every 6 months.
What you will have:
- Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA, CIMA, with prior experience of working as a financial accountant (or external auditor) and management accountant.
- Staff management (required) with development of staff (preferred).
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and Excel in particular.
- Previous industry experience preferred.
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.