The Technical function in our business is really important for the design, layout and delivery of all Taylor Wimpey sites. The Technical Coordinator is role that supports elements of site delivery from conception right through to the operational build. From assisting in the planning process to preparing drawings for our developments, this is a broad role. You will need to be creative as well practical, have a very keen eye for detail and be passionate about place making.
What you will do:
- Assist in the preparation and submission of planning applications for Taylor Wimpey developments
- Prepare, submit and secure Building Regulations Approvals for developments
- Prepare working drawings and collate all supporting information
- Work closely with the other functional areas across the business unit to ensure technical considerations are being made at every phase of build
- In conjunction with the Project Manager provide technical support for all sites
What you will have:
- Full technical understanding and knowledge of regulatory constraints
- A thorough understanding and previous exposure to a residential planning process • Strong project management skills
- An eye for detail with a passion for driving planning submission best practice
- An interest in place making and the design of residential communities
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.