Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Taylor Wimpey takes part in the National House-Building Council (NHBC) Pride in the Job scheme, where our sites are independently assessed by the NHBC across 28 different standards. We are also committed to providing a safe place in which our employees and sub-contractors can work and to high standards of environmental management. Trades and labour are the backbone of our build process.
We build over 15,000 homes a year and are now looking to grow our directly employed trade’s teams, so if you are looking for a career in Production then you’ll be joining a business with a passion for getting things right first time and exceeding customer expectations. We are looking for quality skilled trades people that really take pride in the work they do, manage jobs effectively and build strong relationships with employees on site and customers.
Career prospects in this exciting part of the business are excellent and many of our trade workers have gone on to become Site Managers and in some cases Directors.
What you will do:
- Painters & Decorators are responsible for the internal and external decoration of the units under construction. This would include the primary and final finishes for all rooms, doors, surrounds, staircases, garage doors, front doors and repairs.
- Gloss work and wood preparation
- Working out and calculating amount of paint required to complete the task
- Preparing surfaces and work spaces to enhance the best result
- Removal of ironmongery and preparation for oil based work (front doors/garage doors)
What you will have:
- CSCS Card holder
- NVQ relevant to role
- Minimum 3-years’ Painting & Decorating experience
- Self-motivated and have good communication skills
- High standard of workmanship
- Full, clean driving license – will need to travel to various construction sites