Our legal teams provide an efficient, service led and cost-effective plot conveyancing function that supports the business across the UK. This is particularly in relation to its key operation of plot sales, including the provision of accurate reports and forecasts.
As the Assistant Divisional Legal Manager you will be required to assist the Divisional Legal Manager/Regional Solicitor to manage the Divisional Legal Centre and responsible for providing plot conveyancing services to a number of Taylor Wimpey Business Units, ensuring that we have a professional, motivated team that realises its full potential and provides a high quality service to both its internal and its external customers. The Department consists of a Divisional Legal Manager/Regional Solicitor, a number of Plot Paralegals and Legal Assistants.
What you will do:
- To provide and lead an efficient, service led and cost-effective plot Conveyancing function that supports the Business Units, particularly in relation to its key operation of plot sales, including the provision of accurate reports and forecasts.
- To continuously improve the performance and efficiencies of the in-house legal function in delivering a high-quality service which is target driven to the Business Units and to apply performance management to improve the skills of the department.
- To conduct, manage and report on a variety of business administration matters including the monitoring of all business insurance claims and litigation cases.
- To support the Divisional Legal Manager/Regional Solicitor along with the Head of Plot Conveyancing and where practicable propose improvements to systems and procedures to further maximize efficiency value for money in comparison with external legal services in respect of transactional legal work and general legal advice resulting in tangible costs savings and “added value”.
- To support, participate and collaborate on projects and assignments allocated to the Legal Function from time to time.
What you will have:
- Experience as a qualified solicitor or qualified paralegal with a proven track record of property law and residential estate conveyancing
- Experience of dealing with housebuilders and associated legal issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills which command the respect of others at all levels
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook and a good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.