Our regional commercial teams are integral to the successful delivery of every Taylor Wimpey site. The function serves as the linchpin between our Technical and Production functions and makes the reality of a Taylor Wimpey development come to life. The Commercial Manager position within the commercial team is a varied management role that focuses on ensuring the consistently high performance of the team, setting realistic but challenging targets, providing strategy and focus for the team and keeping the team in line with the overall plans of the Taylor Wimpey business. It also reports directly into the regional Commercial Director.
What you will do:
- Manage the performance of the Quantity Surveyors and ensure that adequate resources are available for the onsite teams for the best available price
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise
- Negotiate and place orders with labour and material subcontractors on a competitive tender basis and provide a detailed cost budget
- Monitor the performance of suppliers and subcontractors to ensure consistently high standards of materials and performance are provided
- Complete the apportionment of total prime costs to individual plots and produce a profit analysis
- Monitor subcontractor costs and have responsibility for explanations of any changes in those costs • Undertake regular site visits
What you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar commercial management role
- Strong working knowledge of all buying and quantity surveying activities
- A good knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements is preferred
- Wide experience in the procurement and purchase of materials and sub contract labour.
- IT literate (COINS system preferable)
- Previous experience of managing a team of people
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.