Technical Development Manager
Our Technical Academies are critical to the future success of Taylor Wimpey in building the best knowledge and expertise in our Production, Customer services and Sales functions. The Technical Development Manager is responsible for driving the continuous improvement of our academies, embedding completions and assessments within divisions and individual business units.
What will you do:
- Develop and manage the Academies of Excellence which support our Production, Customer Service and Sales teams
- Assist regional business units (24) in the execution of bespoke learning and development initiatives
- Drive ROI data and analytics to ensure programmes achieve the desired outcomes
- Work with the Heads of function to identify additional training needs and deliver the most effective solution
- Lead the scoping and design for delivery of training with both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage evaluations for the Academies and provide reporting to the organisation
- Deliver Customer Facing inductions for all employees in customer facing roles
- Supplier management. Source, negotiate and manage third party suppliers to support the delivery of key programmes
- Ensuring key training is aligned to maximise funding opportunities
- Adhoc projects to support the HR team and wider business
What will you have:
- Experience refining and owning development programmes
- Proven experience building strategies to enhance technical development
- Previous role working in a matrix or decentralised structure
- An understanding of the learning cycle, with particular emphasis on enhancing the learning experience and encouraging the wider application of knowledge and skills.
- Experience and understanding of apprentice levy (preferred)
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.