Junior Finance Analyst
The Junior Finance Analyst is a key member of the Group Finance team, acting in a business-wide role to proactively support the Head of Group Business Finance, the Group FC and the Group FD. The role delivers key financial and performance information and analysis to aid the Group Management Team (GMT) and the PLC board in their decision making, and to Investor Relations for external reporting.
The role is responsible for consolidating and reporting the Group’s period end results, reporting on cost and efficiency program, consolidating Groups Budget and periodic forecasts process, and for ongoing business performance monitoring and analysis including weekly reporting.
What you will do:
- Assist with the production of the month-end Flash results and analysis of the monthly financial information, including but not limited to the analysis of financial performance against latest forecasts/ budgets, tracking of certain cost categories and obtaining explanations from the business for key variances.
- Liaise with the Business Unit’s (commercial and finance directors) to ensure timely reporting of the cost and efficiency trackers.
- Produce and present consolidated financial Budget and forecast information along with relevant analysis, for Group Management Team and PLC board review, covering P&L, balance sheet, cash flow, land analysis and other key operational metrics.
- Provide key financial performance information to the Investor Relations team as requested and in line with the published timetable, to ensure that quarterly Trading Updates to the City are published accurately and on time.
- Contribute to the Group’s year end close process, validating submissions, sense checking key metrics and performing analytics to identify issues before numbers are finalised.
- Contribute to and prepare the presentation materials for the biennial Capital Markets Day.
- Add value to the internal and external reporting by developing a thorough understanding of the business and wider industry and identifying the key performance and value drivers.
What you will have:
- Ability to work in a logical, structured and consistent manner with data and systems.
- Be able to interpret and present information in a meaningful manner that enhances the readers understanding of day to day operations.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to consistently operate at a high level of accuracy.
- The skills to build effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.