The aim will be to equip the Trainee with an appreciation of the Company’s overall business and an in-depth knowledge of the administration and reception functions within the business. Thereafter, and subject to the Trainee’s performance and a suitable vacancy, it will also be the intention to employ the Trainee in an appropriate permanent position.
Supported by a Mentor, the Trainee will be based initially within the Commercial department but will also spend time in the Production, Sales, Technical, Customer Services and Finance departments in order to gain a broad view of the business and to become familiar with its terminology and its administrative requirements. Throughout each placement they will also be required to carry out general administrative tasks throughout the office, including covering reception, mail duties and ordering of stationery.
- The Trainee’s progress will be reviewed regularly by the relevant Line Manager, and formally by appraisal at six monthly intervals.
- Typing of letters in mail merges
- Organising meetings
- Assist with Inputting of Site Instructions
- Assist with Supplier Options
- Framework Agreements
It is expected that the Trainee will continue their academic learning by undertaking a recognised and relevant training course on a day release basis at a local college.
- Team commitment
- Time Management
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Competent PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Must have good administrative and organisations skills, ability to multi-task and be able to prioritise workload
- Must be a self-starter, and able to be extremely flexible with regards to daily work
- Ability to work under pressure