Finance Graduate Programme
Salary & Benefits
Taylor Wimpey is now recruiting for our 2020 finance graduate programme beginning in September 2020. Our finance graduate programme was introduced to create a pipeline of future finance leaders.
Sophie joined the Taylor Wimpey finance graduate programme in September 2014. After successfully completing the programme in 2017, Sophie was offered the role of Finance Manager, West London and was promoted to Finance Director, West London in February 2019. Read on to hear more about Sophie’s experience on the programme;
‘I feel very fortunate to have joined the Taylor Wimpey Graduate programme just over 5 years ago. The culture of the company is one of doing the right thing and putting the customer at the heart of what we do, which resonates with my own principles. During the programme, I worked in 3 regional businesses and completed departmental rotations in each. These rotations gave me a full appreciation of how the housebuilding industry operates and the part that each person has to play in delivering the business plan and providing homes for our customers.
From my very first day, people at all levels within the company were approachable and I was able to build a strong network of colleagues who I have learnt so much from. Since then, I have been fully supported by Taylor Wimpey, and have been presented with opportunities that I didn’t ever imagine. I was delighted last year when I was appointed as Finance Director of the West London business unit. The company continues to support me as I develop in my role.’
Sophie, Finance Director
We are looking for talented, dynamic and driven graduates with the ability to adapt to join the Finance team on a three-year development programme. We will support your development with a detailed induction, Skills Camps and continuous training while you study towards your choice of CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualification.
During the programme, you will gain a wide exposure to key areas of operational finance and an introduction into other departments allowing you to develop an understanding of our entire business and how finance is a valuable partner to the business. This breadth of experience will help you gain a full appreciation of the build life cycle, support functions and how Taylor Wimpey operates one of the most successful business models in the industry. The finance scheme is a great opportunity for those looking to develop their career in a FTSE 100 company whilst training towards their professional finance qualification. You will learn the key skills, attributes, relationships, technical and operational understanding to be a valuable business partner, including preparing and providing key financial information to assist with the monthly reporting cycles and key decision making.
Our finance programme is a 3 year rotational scheme. You will spend two rotations with the regional finance team within one of three divisions (London and South East, Central and South West and North), and one with Group Finance at Head Office, where you will gain exposure to Tax, Group Finance, Treasury, Internal Audit and Investor Relations. Graduates will also work on different projects during the 3 years, alongside your fellow graduates. These will include a charity project and an internal business project.
What we can offer you:
- Successful candidates will all attend a 4 day residential induction programme where you will be given the opportunity to learn about the business in more detail, find out more about the 3 year programme and what it will bring and also get the chance to meet the other Graduates in your cohort.
- We will support and fund your choice of CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualification including time off to study and complete your exams.
- You will work with a Divisional Finance Director to support you in completing a structured development plan and they will be with you in a mentoring capacity every step of the way.
- At the end of each business rotation, you will be given a full review of your performance which will contribute to an overall portfolio of your development.
- Successful graduates will attend a number of Taylor Wimpey ‘Skills Camps’ and development interventions over two years that are designed to improve, amongst other things, your commercial awareness, management ability and personal skills. These will also provide an opportunity to hear from Senior Directors and their experiences of working for Taylor Wimpey.
- At the end of the 3 year programme, all successful candidates will be offered a role within the organisation.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do so as a Taylor Wimpey employee, you will benefit from many standard benefits including;
- Competitive salary and relocation allowance
- Annual Bonus
- Pension and share discount schemes
- Bupa Private Healthcare
- Life assurance
- 26 days annual leave (with the option to buy more) plus volunteering days
- Free parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Access to Taylor Wimpey My Rewards – the leading employee retail discounts portal
A little bit about you:
- 1st or 2:1 degree
- Willingness to travel around the UK and are happy to stay away from home for extended periods of time
- Be comfortable with the training commitments of a traditional finance qualification like CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- The ability to find innovative and creative solutions to solve problems
- The willingness to challenge the norm
- The ability to focus on the customer at all times
- Full driving license and access to a car
- You must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
We foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
A little bit about us:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.