General Graduate Programme
Salary & Benefits
Taylor Wimpey is now recruiting for our 2020 Graduate Programme beginning in September 2020. We are looking for talented, dynamic and driven graduates with the ability to adapt to join us on a two-year development programme. The scheme aims to provide a carefully selected group of graduates with a strong commercial grounding and an introduction to house building. You will have the opportunity to work across several different business functions and office locations across the UK to gain a full appreciation of the build life cycle, support functions and how Taylor Wimpey delivers one of the most successful business models in the industry.
Our general programme is a 2 year rotational scheme divided into 3 separate 9 month placements, where you will spend time in all areas of the Taylor Wimpey business including; production, commercial, technical, sales and marketing, customer service, land and finance. We encourage Graduates with a degree in any discipline to apply for this scheme. So, it doesn't matter if you have no knowledge of the industry, you'll learn everything you need to know throughout the programme.
You will be placed into one of our 7 regions (usually covering 3 or 4 regional offices) and be part of their succession plans to develop your skills and expertise over time towards regional director should you have the ambition and drive to get there. Graduates will also work on different projects during the 2 years, alongside your fellow graduates. These will include a charity project and an internal business project.
What we can offer you:
- Successful candidates will all attend a 4 day residential induction programme where you will be given the opportunity to learn about the business in more detail, find out more about the 2 year programme and what it will bring and also get the chance to meet the other Graduates in your cohort.
- You will work with a Divisional Managing Director to support you in completing a structured development plan and they will be with you in a mentoring capacity every step of the way.
- At the end of each business rotation, you will be given a full review of your performance which will contribute to an overall portfolio of your development.
- Successful graduates will attend a number of Taylor Wimpey ‘Skills Camps’ and development interventions over two years that are designed to improve, amongst other things, your commercial awareness, management ability and personal skills. These will also provide an opportunity to hear from Senior Directors and their experiences of working for Taylor Wimpey.
- At the end of the 2 year programme, all successful candidates will be offered a role within the organisation.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do so as a Taylor Wimpey employee, you will benefit from many standard benefits including;
- Competitive salary and relocation allowance
- Annual Bonus
- Pension and share discount schemes
- Bupa Private Healthcare
- Life assurance
- 26 days annual leave (with the option to buy more) plus volunteering days
- Free parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Access to Taylor Wimpey My Rewards – the leading employee retail discounts portal
A little bit about you:
- 1st or 2:1 degree
- Willingness to travel around the UK and are happy to stay away from home for extended periods of time
- Commercial experience or placement within a bluechip organisation
- The ability to find innovative and creative solutions to solve problems
- The willingness to challenge the norm
- The ability to focus on the customer at all times
- Full driving license and access to a car
- You must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
We foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
A little bit about us:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.