Future Talent Manager
Our early talent programmes are critical to the future success of our business. Taylor Wimpey’s award-winning programmes have consistently produced and developed top talent at a senior level in the organisation.
The Future Talent manager is responsible for driving the continuous improvement of the future talent ‘lifecycle’ strategy. Embedding the recruitment, development, performance management and the subsequent successful transition of future talent into the business. Driving diversity, enhancing processes, refining recruitment channels and ensuring the future talent strategy is successfully fulfilling talent gaps in the organisation are just some of the key challenges this role will face.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Head of Resourcing to refine and embed the attraction and recruitment strategy for the graduate and management trainee programmes nationally
- Lead and manage the end to end graduate and management trainee recruitment process
- Improve the businesses network of relationships with key universities, schools and colleges, ensuring the organisation has better opportunities to engage with high calibre individuals – increase TW brand presence
- Embed an acceleration programme for top performing graduates
- Create strategy for line manager and divisional ownership of future talent
- Lead and manage future talent gap analysis in conjunction with HRBPs
What you will have:
- Experience and understanding of the Apprentice Levy
- Previous ownership of high-volume national recruitment campaigns for Future Talent
- Experience of refining and owning development programmes for graduates or other future talent initiatives
- Proven experience building strategies to engage with schools and colleges for recruitment on a national basis
- Previous role working in a matrix or decentralised structure
- An understanding of the graduate learning cycle, with particular emphasis on enhancing the learning experience and encouraging the wider application of knowledge and skills.
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.