Project Manager - Planning & Infrastructure
Our Projects team lead and manage the delivery of key residential developments across our business.
The Project Manager – Planning & Infrastructure will manage and co-ordinate all aspects of the planning, design & engineering activities on a large brownfield site in Surrey, which has been identified for redevelopment as a new sustainable community of up to 1,850 new homes with supporting infrastructure. The project will deliver a series of well-designed walkable neighbourhoods with around 100ha of multifunctional green infrastructure.
What you will do:
- Deliver a hybrid planning application / permission, identifying opportunities to improve and refine the proposals as the scheme is implemented
- Update the strategic plan with key objectives, including target dates, milestones, social and financial performance.
- Liaise fully with internal business unit stakeholders to ensure our designs and final outcome are complementary to the original vision for the community.
- Develop a full project phased delivery and logistics strategy.
- Develop a UK based sales and marketing strategy.
- To manage development delivery including an appropriate disposal/delivery strategy for any associated non-residential uses.
What you will have:
- Good strong knowledge of land/technical/development/legal processes
- Ability to create and manage critical paths and programmes
- Previous experience as either a project or discipline manager within a residential development or infrastructure organisation
- Proven track record in performing against set delivery objectives in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to effectively manage all stakeholder, processes and time
- Strong networker, totally committed to community involvement
- Working knowledge/experience of CDM regulations.
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
Criminal records (DBS);
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.