Strategic Land and Planning Manager
The focus of our Strategic Land Division is to identify and contractually secure land which has the potential to fulfil future housing needs through residential and mixed-use development, and then promote it through the planning system to achieve new land allocations and planning permissions. The Strategic Land and Planning Manager will be responsible for managing and increasing the Strategic Land portfolio in the operating areas covered by the Regional Business Units.
What you will do:
- The identification of new strategic land opportunities and negotiation of legal agreements
- Liaison with landowners
- Responsibility for the renewal/extension of options
- Input into the production of developer collaboration agreements
- The monitoring of competitor activity
- Community engagement on site promotions and planning applications
- Management of planning and acquisition activity
- Taking ownership of project viability and delivery
- Production of monthly progress reports on key projects
- Produce and manage budgets and professional fees
- Produce scheme viabilities
- Management of fee spend in line with budget forecasts
What you will have:
- Be conversant with land values and build and infrastructure costs
- Good understanding of government planning policy, the Local Plan process and housing land supply issues
- Full understanding of option/collaboration agreements and related land issues
- The candidate will require a background in land acquisition, and have a good understanding of the planning process
- Professional accreditation (RICS / RTPI) - preferred
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.