Executive Secretary (East Scotland)
We are looking for an Executive Secretary to deliver an efficient, customer focused professional secretarial service and to ensure the effective and accurate processing of Director’s correspondence, documents and systems in line with their business needs. The Executive Secretary will also oversee the effective practical operation of the Taylor Wimpey regional office.
What you will do:
- Carry out all secretarial processes including; email and inbox management, diary management, maintenance of records and filing, travel arrangements, note taking, telephone liaison and message taking at all levels
- Run the administration function for the Business Unit, ensuring the Managing Director has appropriate documents for meetings or visits
- Ensure all monthly payroll updates are captured, including administration of offer letters, employment contract and new starter information
- Maintain records for all Business Unit Company car users, order replacement/hire vehicles and maintain P46 tax records
- Manage absence from the Business Unit on a weekly basis using internal system and external Bupa system. Monitor and report all instances of staff absence and monitor trends, notifying line managers where appropriate. Liaising with Departmental secretaries as and when required to follow up required paperwork
- Manage the hospitality function for the business by booking meeting room and arranging catering as required.
What you will have:
- Competent PC skills, including a good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Exceptional administrative and organisation skills paired with the ability to multi-task and to prioritise workload
- Excellent telephone manner
- Flexibility with regard to daily work
- Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate complete confidentiality
- Minimum 50 WPM typing.
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.