Senior Internal Audit Manager
Permanent - Full-time
This role is in a well-established, high performing Internal Audit team. As a team we deliver support and advice to all levels of management across all operational areas and functional disciplines. We review all key areas of the Group to support its overall strategic objectives, performance and risk management activities. The right candidate will contribute to the ongoing success of the team and be given a fast track opportunity to progress a career in Internal Audit or to move into a leadership role with the operational business.
The role requires extensive national travel and on-site field work, which can demand a significant proportion of the incumbent’s time. Some Business Units will be commutable but others not therefore overnight time away from home can range up to c.30-40%. Considerable personal and professional flexibility is essential for success.
What you will do:
- Evaluating the design, operational effectiveness and efficiency of processes and internal control systems across all business functions and corporate activity
- Liaison with designated stakeholders including, for example, Key Stakeholders and Heads of Functions to ensure the IA team are fully aware of any relevant information and that IA workplan and work programmes are reflective of current business issues, policy and best practice.
- Reporting to senior management on key issues on a timely basis in a clear and concise fashion
- Recommending to senior management strategic and operational proposals to improve controls and mitigate risk and drive opportunities
- Driving continuous improvement as a result of knowledge gained during reviews, customer feedback and from working closely with the other areas of the wiser organisation
- Taking ownership and ensuring the delivery of the end to end audit process to a professional standard for a series of assignments that contribute to the overall audit plan including Operational Reviews, Core Process Review, Special Requests and Special Investigations
- Support governance aspects of IA to include Quality Assurance and appropriateness of IA Policies
- Provide HoIA with regular updates on industry trends and potential risks to TW through intelligence gathering and networking, this will extend to managing External Stakeholders applicable to IA activity
- Deputise for the Head of Internal Audit.
What you will have:
- Relevant qualification e.g. CA, ACCA, CIMA, CIA, CIDA, CEng, Construction Management, Quantity Surveyor or MBA
- Extensive Internal Audit Experience minimum 10 years (Internal or External Audit)
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word and a good knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint.
Individuals seeking employment at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Wednesday 25th September 2019