Permanent - Full-time
Trades and labour are the backbone of our build process. We build over 15,000 homes a year and are now looking to grow our trades teams, so if you are looking for a career in Production then you’ll be joining a business with a passion for getting things right first time and exceeding customer expectations. We are looking for a quality, skilled Carpenter Master Craftsman that will really take pride in the work they do, manage jobs effectively and build strong relationships with employees on site.
Taylor Wimpey takes part in the National House-Building Council (NHBC) Pride in the Job scheme, where our sites are independently assessed by the NHBC across 28 different standards. We are also committed to providing a safe place in which our employees and sub-contractors can work and to high standards of environmental management.
What you will do:
- Produce quality installation and construction for your trade from Build Quality Checklists through to Home Quality Inspection
- Monitor and help control Direct Trades whilst mentoring apprentices
- Ensure the project achieves production targets along with Site Managers programme
- Work alongside Apprentice Managers, Colleges and Approved Training Providers and formulate key milestone targets and individual development plans for each apprentice
- Constant liaison with Production Managers /Apprentice Managers and Site Managers regarding training and development programmes for apprentices
- Monitor Health and Safety and adhere to Taylor Wimpey procedures.
What you will have:
- Natural ability to communicate, support and motivate team members
- Line management experience – particularly around interviewing, selection and performance management
- Knowledge of health & safety legislation, particularly in respect to the safeguarding of young people and Prevent
- Ability to plan and make decisions with a customer focus and business awareness
- First Aid qualified (as Apprentices may be working in a compound or Academy which is isolated from the main site therefore this provision is needed
- A full clear understanding of working drawings with the added ability of explaining and delivering the understanding to others.
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Friday 20th September 2019