Permanent - Full-time
The Managing Director position for our regional Business Units is a very challenging and diverse role. You will lead the business unit, ensuring that short and long-term targets are achieved, and business operations support the Taylor Wimpey Business Strategy. You will set a long-term strategy and deliver this through a Business plan that maximises current assets and develops the future pipeline of opportunities to enhance returns. The role requires an agile, inspirational and talented leader, the role is diverse and challenging and a leading role in the organisation.
What you will do:
Business Performance & Growth:
• Effectively manage the business unit to achieve the financial and non-financial targets agreed; ensuring decisions are taken in the best interest of the group.
• Critically assess, acquire and develop land opportunities to ensure a sufficient pipeline to achieve divisional growth plans.
Leadership and Culture:
• Provide strong and inspiring leadership across the business unit.
• Drive employee engagement through a collaborative and empowering leadership approach.
• Drive sustainable performance through active ownership of the talent and performance management agenda for the business unit.
• Develop high performance teams by ensuring the recruitment, development and retention of high potential people within leadership roles.
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement and innovation within the business unit ensuring practises and processes are regularly reviewed, enhanced and optimised.
• Maintain a close working relationship across the business unit by regularly undertaking site visits.
• Ensure all current and new health and safety standards are adopted and actively maintained in line with our strategic goals and regulations, and that all employees remain safe at all times.
• Ensure awareness of political, industry related and environmental developments which may impact TW.
• Embed and drive a customer focused culture by driving sustainable improvements and sharing best practises as a consequence of customer feedback and insight.
• Drive a continuous improvement culture which improves the customer experience and responds to consumer trends locally.
What you will have:
• Experience of stakeholder engagement and building community contacts
• Effective understanding of at least two operational functions e.g. commercial, production or finance
• Ability to establish a strategic plan for the business and to deliver it
• Entrepreneurial skills, breadth of view beyond traditional approaches
• Strong networker, totally committed to community involvement
• Land acquisition knowledge
• High standard of financial literacy & analytical skills, in particular of financial returns
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Wednesday 28th August 2019