Design and Technical
Permanent - Full-time
The engineering arm of our regional Technical teams is responsible for establishing all the infrastructure that connects a new development and putting in place all important things that enable a community to thrive. From roads to sewers and all the utilities you expect from a modern, functional dwelling, our engineers are a vital part of ensuring each home meets and exceeds our customers’ expectations. The role of the Assistant Engineer is to support the delivery of the Engineering function from procurement of services, surveys and technical reports to support assessments for new site acquisitions. You will need a passion for engineering and have an awareness of the planning and technical regulatory requirements for a UK housebuilder. You will need a keen eye for detail and be comfortable using basic discipline related software like AutoCAD.
What you will do:
- Support in the preparation of site viability reports in line with current regulatory requirements for residential developments
- Help the engineering team analyse and resolve engineering issues as part of the planning application for Taylor Wimpey sites
- Ensure compliance at all stages of each planning submission in line with the latest National Housebuilding Council standards
- Work with external consultants, utilities providers and local authorities to get technical approvals confirmed
- Be on site and attend all relevant meetings relating to the procurement and approval of site infrastructure
- Work closely with other Taylor Wimpey functions like our construction and planning teams on resolving engineering issues
What you will have:
- An awareness of road and sewer design as well as the associated technical approval process
- Be working towards or hold an engineering related qualification, HNC or equivalent
- Comfortable using engineering related software like AutoCAD
- Awareness of engineering regulatory requirements in housebuilding
- Excellent attention to detail particularly when reviewing highly technical documentation
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Friday 6th September 2019