Customer Support Manager
Permanent - Full-time
The Customer Support Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the administration relating to all customer issues. This role manages the Customer Support Coordinators (CSCs) and takes oversight of all ongoing customers’ issues. The successful candidate will allocate resources including Customer Service Operatives and contractors to undertake work in customers’ homes.
Working closely with the Head of Customer Service, the Customer Support Manager will be responsible for the collation and management of information and data upwards for analysis and the escalation of customer issues, where appropriate. The Customer Support Manager will also deputise for the Head of Customer Service when required.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional with great interpersonal, communication and relationship skills who can meet and exceed our customers’ expectations and help them with every step of their journey.
What you will do:
- Manage & balance workload of the Customer Support team. Assign daily tasks to the Customer Support Coordinators and manage the phone and email traffic coming into the team to ensure that customers are dealt with fairly and efficiently. Oversee, balance and co-ordinate the scheduling of Customer Support Operatives and Customer Relations Manager diaries.
- Undertake performance management and fortnightly 1:1 s with the customer support team • Ensure effective training of the customer support team against the requirements and processes in the Customer Service operations manual.
- Ensure that all face to face communications with customers are handled professionally
- Manage and allocate any NHBC inspections and other inspections as required
- Maintain reasonable timescales for customers for any remediation works, and ensure that customers are kept informed throughout any process taking place in their home
- Ensure that Health and Safety for Customer Support Operatives and Customer Relations Manager is followed and site regulations are adhered to.
What you will have:
- Ability to work independently, prioritise work and take initiative
- Strong project management skills
- Able to demonstrate efficiency and reliability in previous roles, working well under pressure/in a fastmoving environment
- Ability to think ahead and forecast customer issues
- Face to face customer services experience
- Comfortable managing complex internal relationships and able to challenge appropriately
Individuals seeking employments at Taylor Wimpey should know that we foster a culture of inclusion and value diversity positively which creates a better workplace and delivers stronger outcomes. We commit to treating all our job applicants and employees fairly and with respect, irrespective of background, disability or any other protected characteristic. If you require any assistance with regards to reasonable adjustments during the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us
Checks and eligibility to work:
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK and hold a full UK drivers licence.
If you are successful at interview and the Company considers making an offer of employment, you may be asked to give your consent to the following pre-employment check[s] being undertaken by our third-party provider, Experian (or any other appropriate third-party provider that the Company chooses to engage).
The type of checks made will depend on the role in question but may include any or all the following:
- Criminal records (DBS);
- Credit reference
The purpose of such checks will be to assess your suitability for the role. If it subsequently transpires that you have given incorrect, false or misleading information, your application will not be taken further.
What we will offer you:
Taylor Wimpey is a FTSE 100 business and one of the largest residential developers in the UK, building new homes and communities across England, Scotland and Wales. We are passionate about building new homes and communities with a focus on sustainability.
Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all the great work that they do. Our employees enjoy many standard benefits including access to the Taylor Wimpey House purchase discount scheme, pension (including company contributions), quality health cover, share save schemes as well as many flexible benefits such as buying additional holiday days, retails discounts, free Bupa health assessments and so much more. Our benefits work perfectly with our culture where you feel valued as a member of a successful team.
We offer industry leading subsidised professional training and development, which support our employees to excel and fulfil their career and personal goals in a variety of opportunities and environments. This in turn drives a strong succession of high performing customer centric leaders, really putting customers at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and look to develop our people in the skills and areas they are most interested in, leveraging the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies, skills and experiences that each person brings to the company.
Tuesday 20th August 2019